Recipe Courtesy of Katie Bingham
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 yellow onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 head cabbage, sliced
3 tablespoons Steen's cane vinegar
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons butter
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, saute bacon till crispy. Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
2. Use the bacon grease to saute onions on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic , saute 3 minutes.
4. Add cabbage, saute 10 minutes.
5. Add vinegar and stock. Cook for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
6. Finish with butter and season with salt and pepper.