Use a carrot scraper to peel the zucchini, and split in half lengthwise. Spoon out
most of the seeds, and then shred the zucchini with a hand grater or with the top
blade of the food processor. Put the zucchini in a strainer or in paper towels and
squeeze with hands to get the excess liquid out.
1 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil (can substitute apple sauce for a lighter version)
1 3/4 cups Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoons Baking soda
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Shredded and strained zucchini
1 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
1) Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil together.
2) In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla. Add to
egg mixture and beat until incorporated.
3) Add shredded and strained zucchini. Mix together by hand. Add nuts, if desired.
4) Pour into 2 greased, floured, loaf pans. (Can also pour into approximately 2 dozen
paper lined muffin cups.)
5) Bake 1 hr. at 350 deg. F. (About 20-25 minutes for muffins.)
6) Allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from pan when cool enough to handle (about
Completely cool loaf or muffins.
o For loaves, wrap in wax paper and then aluminum foil.
o For muffins, place a layer of wax paper in a gallon freezer bag. Put
muffins under wax paper so that the tops do not touch the bag. Remove
as much air as possible and seal.
Recipe may be doubled.